The India Ink Podcast Directory is a community resource for Indian podcasters and listeners.
Anybody can submit a podcast for listing through the form. The only criteria for listing is that either the podcaster is Indian (defined in the WIDEST possible sense) or the podcast is about India. And, oh yes, at least one episode is live i.e. there’s something to actually listen to! Otherwise, There Is No Such Thing As Notability.
Please do contribute and share and help grow the medium! Thanks to /u/yogesh and other members of r/India for this big list which provided the initial base for this directory.
Arts and Culture
- Literary Gupshup: Literary Gupshup is Pune’s first podcast on literature and all things literary.
- The DKSpeaks Podcast: The DKSpeaks Podcast is about internet marketing. We share simple, actionable and implementable tips to build an online business.
- The Entrepreneur Podcast: The Entrepreneur Podcast is created for today’s entrepreneur whether you have just started your journey as a entrepreneur / founder , small business owner, or a serial entrepreneur.
- Breaking the Border: Breaking the Borders is an exclusive podcast where we take a closer glimpse into the stories of successful immigrant entrepreneurs.
- Founders Gyan: FoundersGyan is one of the first Indian weekly podcasts created specifically to inspire entrepreneurs.
- Home Entrepreneur Show: Your weekly dose of actionable inspiration, where home-based entrepreneurs share their stories and strategies to build a successful business from home.
- Indian Startup Show: A Weekly Podcast Show About Indian Startups Entrepreneurs & More ! Hosted by Neil Patel & Friends
- All India Bakchod Podcast: This is the AIB podcast and features their take on everything that made it to the news and features interviews with celebrity guests.
- Our Last Week: Our Last Week is a fortnightly podcast by neuro-science researcher and physicist Anuvab Pal and world renowned philosopher Kunaal Roy Kapur.
- Cyrus Says: Hosted by the inimitable Cyrus Broacha, Cyrus Says is the definitive show on life in urban India, politics, sports, civic sense, traffic, kids, food, and everything that matters. Mostly.
- Keeping it Queer: Keeping it Queer is an all-things queer podcast hosted by comedian Navin Noronha.
- Adventures of Cheap Beer: Cheap beer is awesome! That’s why Siddhant Mehta, Karan Agarwal and Suyash Barve are heading out into the city of Mumbai to find some awesome cheap bars.
- Paadcast: Aditi Mittal and Sucharita Tyagi are two girls from Mumbai who never really learnt the art of shutting up.
- The Big Question: SNG Comedy answer big questions.
- Global Comedian Podcast: Conversations with comedians by Sanjay.
- Designed This Way: Designed this way podcast is an initiative to start candid conversations with designers and other creative folks, to bring out the stories about the realities of living a creative life.
- TinyTales: This audio drama anthology series features stories from different genres. Each podcast episode has a new audio short-film in Hindi.
- Indian Noir: The home of fast-paced, edge of your seat crime, horror and fantasy audio stories set in India, featuring Indian characters. By Commonwealth Short Story Prize and DWL Story Prize winning writer Nikesh Murali.
- Karma Is A Witch!: ‘Karma Is A Witch’ by Prathidhwani is the first 3D like audio series in Kannada. This is a combination of suspense, thriller, horror, murder mystery and various genres
Food & Cooking
- Dakaar: Dakaar is a food podcast by Geetanjali Advani. It talks about everything to do with food.
- The Tastes of India Podcast: The Tastes of India is a journey through the length and breadth of India connecting the various cultures and traditions through food.
- The Real Food Podcast: If you have an adventurous palate, join Vikram Doctor every fortnight as he indulges in his appetite for the stories of food.
- Paodcast: Hosted by Thedailypao.com’s Purva Mehra, Pronoti Datta and Amit Gurbaxani, The Paodcast is your fortnightly low-down on Mumbai’s food and culture scenes plus city secrets and neighbourhood gems.
- Marbles Lost and Found: Hosted by Zain Calcuttawala and Avanti Malhotra, ‘Marbles Lost & Found’ is a podcast to raise awareness about mental health and its importance in our day to day life.
- The Pursuit Of Wellness: Interviews and conversations with experts and enthusiasts to bring you everything you need on the Pursuit of Wellness.
- Echoes of India: Echoes of India is the story of India like you’ve never heard it before. Host Anirudh Kanisetti takes you on a journey through its wonders, from the Greek art of Afghanistan to the to the thriving ports of Tamil Nadu.
- A New Republic: A podcast by Sidin Vadukut on the history of the Indian Constitution.
- History of India: A podcast from Kit Patrick covering the history of India, from 6th century B.C.
- Itihaas – The Indian History Podcast: A podcast featuring conversations, about an event, a brand, a personality, or a movement in the history of India.
- Kelirondu Katheya: Stories for Kids in Kannada
- HumLab Originals: Each month, we meet and speak with a person who has done exciting work implementing transformative ideas in the legal industry, law, and justice!
- The Indian Constitution: A friendly introduction to the Indian Constitution. Article 21 in the streets, Article 15 in the sheets.
Love & Relationships
- Kalki Presents: My Indian Life: Life for young Indian adults in the 21st century explored by Bollywood actor Kalki Koechlin.
- Love, Sex and Dating: Life is a bumpy ride, but have no fear: Irrepressible siblings, Prem & Rogue, are here to help you navigate the winding turns of love, sex and desi dating.
- Dear Pari: India’s first narrative podcast on adoption
- Horns Up: Two heavy metal fans, one podcast. Welcome to Horns Up, with Peter and Animesh.
- Maed in India: Each week Mae Thomas brings you hot new music from India and abroad, as well as exclusive acoustic sessions and interviews with the best independent musicians in India.
- Audioblog by Rahul Deshpande: Rahul Deshpande is an Indian classical music singer from Pune, India.
News & Politics
- Every Vote Matters:Every Vote Matters (EVM) is a podcast which will discuss why every vote matters and also bring to you answers on varied questions linked to the electoral process and your duties and rights as a voter.
- Let’s Talk About: Nuanced explorations into one subject in every episode. No short cuts, no crash courses, but a deep dive that offers you perspective.
- NL Charcha: हिंदी पॉडकास्ट जहां हम हफ्ते भर के बवालों और सवालों की चर्चा करते हैं.
- Reporters Without Orders: A reporters’ podcast about what made news and what should have
- The Pragati Podcast: Take a break from the madness of prime time television for real conversations on economics and politics.
- Ask Aakar Anything: Ask Aakar Anything is a weekly show where Aakar Patel shares his views on topics that you raise (and sometimes on those you should have raised).
- Indicast show: Indicast is the “flagship” podcast show on the Indicast Network and is the longest running Indian podcast on the internet.
- Forbes India: Forbes India in association with TheIndicast.com bring you conversations with the people behind the Forbes India Magazine.
- Simblified: A weekly podcast that explains burning issues that you should know, to help you appear smarter than you are, to an audience that knows no less
- The Seen and the Unseen:Every week our host Amit Varma will examine the world through the lens of economics, neuroscience and behavioural psychology, and examine both public policy and private action.
- News Laundry Hafta:News and News on the news. New ways to present the news.
- Trial by Error – The Aarushi files:Trial by Error, adapted from Avirook Sen’s haunting book Aarushi, is an eight-part investigative audio series that narrates the story of the Noida double murder, and the controversial trial that convicted the Talwars.
- The Editor’s Podcast: This is Mint’s weekly news podcast, updated every Friday where Mint’s editors pick their top stories of the week.
- The Madraswallah Podcast: This podcast will have stories that we have grown up on. It’s an ode to a time when time itself didn’t hurry up.
- The Tollywood Project: In Telugu, two NRIs living in USA and Europe speak about topics like movies, technology and random stuff.
- Khabardaar: Khabardaar is a weekly Hindi language podcast discussing Bollywood movies.
- Attention Pliss! podcast: Attention Pliss! podcast is a news, entertainment, and satire podcast from the talkingStuff network.
- Split Screen Podcast: Host Shah Shahid is joined by a new guest every episode as they compare film remakes to their source material (comic books, television, movies, novels) to discuss the similarities, understand the differences and provide insight to put it all into context.
- Film Feud: Long time friends become enemies each week as they debate whether a randomly selected movie on the IMDB top 250 should be on the list.
- The Awful and Awesome Entertainment Wrap: The pop culture podcast that isn’t afraid to pop the bubble.
- Politically Incorrect Film’s podcast: This is a weekly podcast mostly based on films but also covers pop culture at large.
- Bollywood Project: We are Hani and Uzma, two brown girls living in the diaspora who love anything to do with Hindi films.
- Chai Sutta Skype: Chai, Comics, Games, Movies, Sutta, Skype, We don’t promise anything!
- Geek Fruit: We spend way too much time discussing minuscule facts, character dynamics, story arcs and unique concepts in the wonderful world of science-fiction and overall nerd culture.
- The Inconceivable Desis: A podcast dipping into pop culture, books, movies.. and discovering their Indian connections.
- The Yacker: The best conversations happen on phone calls or over coffee with friends.
- Chuski Pop: Two desi chicks riding the fourth wave of feminism in our salwar kameez and golden heels, while flipping birds to aunties and bringing you stories from far-away lands and from our own motherland.
Religion & Myth
- The Myth & Culture Podcast: The Myth and Culture podcast revisits ancient myths, once treated as irrelevant to modern life, and demonstrates their interconnectedness with contemporary culture, business, politics, and society.
- Mahabharata Podcast By Lawrence Manzo: This podcast is both a re-telling and a conversation about the mighty epic the Mahabharata.
- Strength To Be Human: Weighing creativity to find the best in humanity.
- The Inspiring Talk: Dive into meaningful deep conversations with today’s most successful and Inspiring personalities on highly-rated self-help podcast.
Science & Math
- Writer & Geek Show: A weekly podcast on Science, Technology, History and everything in between, well most of the things.
- Research Bytes: We produce science/research-based podcasts every weekday.
- The Life of Science podcast: Interviews with women scientists in India. First set was co-produced with IVM podcasts, second set with Joshua Thomas and Research Matters.
- IndSciComm podcast: Listen to Indian Scientists gum-bashing about science, scicomm and everything else!
- The Intersection: Every fortnight, The Intersection narrates stories that meld culture, science and history in India.
- The Edges & Sledges Cricket Podcast: Edges & Sledges is a weekly cricket podcast focussing on Indian cricket and the IPL.
- Its Cricket Show: This is a cricketing podcast which provides its listeners with all the latest updates and the details about the cricketing world.
- Football Twaddle: India’s first Football podcast brought to you by three football enthusiasts.
- TFG Sports Podcast: TFG Sports podcast is the place to check in for discussion on Indian sports.
- Move Mint: Get inspired by Dr Rajat Chauhan, a fitness expert who also organises the La Ultra, the world’s toughest marathon.
- Hoopdarshan: Hoopdarshan is a basketball podcast that focuses on basketball in India.
- Culture Chaos: A podcast about life abroad, trying to make sense out of different cultural norms and a whole new way of living.
- Biker Radio Rodcast: Listen to the compelling stories of motorcycling, the riders, their machines, the rides, gear and more, one legend at a time.
- The reDiscovery Podcast: Three years ago, Hoshner & Ambika quit their jobs to travel and explore India through its people, history, cultures and communities.
- The Musafir Stories – India Travel Podcast: A podcast that documents the rich experiences of traveling in India and inspire listeners to take the leap of faith, grab those backpacks and set out to explore the beautiful and exotic country, India.
- The Fourth Seat: If you are interested in science, politics, sport or cannot get the 90s out of your head, this is the place to be. The listener is the fourth seat passenger (if this was a Mumbai local).
- Rum and Coke with Mayukh: In this podcast, Mayukh invites friends to his podcast and he is fascinated by how much he is yet to learn from them.
- The Process with Pratik Arora: A chat show featuring guests who are doing something different talking about HOW they do it.
- Lassi with Charan: Punjabi chat show with a new guest every episode.
- NRIWoman Podcast: Warm meaningful, interesting & inspirational conversations with brave Indian women who have stories to tell.
- Audiogyan: Audiogyan podcasts are mainly one to one discussions or question – answer sessions with people who have devoted their life in the field of Design, Philosophy and Arts.
- SynTalk: SynTalk (short for Synthesis Talk) is a freewheeling interdisciplinary talk show with a philosophical approach to understanding the world from a long term perspective.
- The Passion People Podcast: The Passion People Podcast is a series of impromptu conversations about following a passion, making it manifest and what all comes with it.
- WordPress for Everyone: Learn the nuances of WordPress, website development and the digital marketing associated with it on the “WordPress for Everyone” Podcast
- Bangalore Bits: Bangalore Bits is a weekly podcast created to follow emerging technologies.
- Orbital: A crisp weekly podcast where nerds from India discuss all things tech. Read more