INDIA INK PODCAST DIRECTORY
The India Ink Podcast Directory is a community resource for Indian podcasters and listeners.
Anybody can submit a podcast for listing through the form. The only criteria for listing is that either the podcaster is Indian (defined in the WIDEST possible sense) or the podcast is about India. And, oh yes, at least one episode is live i.e. there’s something to actually listen to! Otherwise, There Is No Such Thing As Notability.
Please do contribute and share and help grow the medium! Thanks to /u/yogesh and other members of r/India for this big list which provided the initial base for this directory.
Arts and Culture
- Poetry:Soch aur Saaj: ‘Soch aur Saaj – Mere Alfaaz’ is a collection of heartfelt poems, where the emotions have been given strength and desires the wings to fly. These words will steal your heart, heal your wounds, inspire your soul and take you for a pleasant and memorable ride.
- Radio Vimoh: Vijayendra Mohanty on media, culture, and creativity.
- Literary Gupshup: Literary Gupshup is Pune’s first podcast on literature and all things literary.
- The Galata Podcast: Galata is a word from the Indian language Kannada that means the noise caused by a ruckus. Each episode features an interview about starting up, testing ideas, creating a team, building something worthwhile and adding value to other people’s lives.
- Maharajas of Scale: Maharajas of Scale is a Podcast focused on Indian Entrepreneurs. It is hosted by Krishna Jonnakadla, Co-founder of Mango Mobile TV and Flit. Maharajas of Scale is a Not-For-Profit and was founded to tell the story of Indian startups that are changing the game.
- FiscalYogi Podcast: The FiscalYogi podcast, where Anees Rao, a Certified Financial Planner and a yoga teacher, talks all things money and yoga! Sounds like a heady combination? Listen in!
- 100x Entrepreneur: Habits and mindset of the most successful venture capitalists, angel investors and entrepreneurs of India helping you become 100x of yourself.
- The Zazzpreneurs Podcast: Zazzpreneurs brings you the success stories from the worlds of business, sports, entertainment, music, style and other industries; and rare insights in the lives of the do-ers: their journey, their struggles, their inspiration, their hustle and the grind.
- The DKSpeaks Podcast: The DKSpeaks Podcast is about internet marketing. We share simple, actionable and implementable tips to build an online business.
- The Entrepreneur Podcast: The Entrepreneur Podcast is created for today’s entrepreneur whether you have just started your journey as a entrepreneur / founder , small business owner, or a serial entrepreneur.
- Breaking the Border: Breaking the Borders is an exclusive podcast where we take a closer glimpse into the stories of successful immigrant entrepreneurs.
- Founders Gyan: FoundersGyan is one of the first Indian weekly podcasts created specifically to inspire entrepreneurs.
- Home Entrepreneur Show: Your weekly dose of actionable inspiration, where home-based entrepreneurs share their stories and strategies to build a successful business from home.
- Indian Startup Show: A Weekly Podcast Show About Indian Startups Entrepreneurs & More ! Hosted by Neil Patel & Friends
- All India Bakchod Podcast: This is the AIB podcast and features their take on everything that made it to the news and features interviews with celebrity guests.
- Our Last Week: Our Last Week is a fortnightly podcast by neuro-science researcher and physicist Anuvab Pal and world renowned philosopher Kunaal Roy Kapur.
- Cyrus Says: Hosted by the inimitable Cyrus Broacha, Cyrus Says is the definitive show on life in urban India, politics, sports, civic sense, traffic, kids, food, and everything that matters. Mostly.
- Keeping it Queer: Keeping it Queer is an all-things queer podcast hosted by comedian Navin Noronha.
- Adventures of Cheap Beer: Cheap beer is awesome! That’s why Siddhant Mehta, Karan Agarwal and Suyash Barve are heading out into the city of Mumbai to find some awesome cheap bars.
- Paadcast: Aditi Mittal and Sucharita Tyagi are two girls from Mumbai who never really learnt the art of shutting up.
- The Big Question: SNG Comedy answer big questions.
- Global Comedian Podcast: Conversations with comedians by Sanjay.
- Designed This Way: Designed this way podcast is an initiative to start candid conversations with designers and other creative folks, to bring out the stories about the realities of living a creative life.
- Karma is a Witch: An immersive 3D Horror-Crime-Thriller podcast crafted by Prathidhwan. Now also available in Hindi.
- Radhabai Ravi: Short stories for children in Tamil from Indian mythology.
- TinyTales: This audio drama anthology series features stories from different genres. Each podcast episode has a new audio short-film in Hindi.
- Indian Noir: The home of fast-paced, edge of your seat crime, horror and fantasy audio stories set in India, featuring Indian characters. By Commonwealth Short Story Prize and DWL Story Prize winning writer Nikesh Murali.
- Karma Is A Witch!: ‘Karma Is A Witch’ by Prathidhwani is the first 3D like audio series in Kannada. This is a combination of suspense, thriller, horror, murder mystery and various genres
Food & Cooking
- Dakaar: Dakaar is a food podcast by Geetanjali Advani. It talks about everything to do with food.
- The Tastes of India Podcast: The Tastes of India is a journey through the length and breadth of India connecting the various cultures and traditions through food.
- The Real Food Podcast: If you have an adventurous palate, join Vikram Doctor every fortnight as he indulges in his appetite for the stories of food.
- Paodcast: Hosted by Thedailypao.com’s Purva Mehra, Pronoti Datta and Amit Gurbaxani, The Paodcast is your fortnightly low-down on Mumbai’s food and culture scenes plus city secrets and neighbourhood gems.
- Fat. So?: When you’re fat you feel so different, because everything about the world (from chairs and clothes to doctors and dating) is designed to tell you that you’re wrong, you don’t belong, it isn’t OK to be in the body you have. And then you meet someone who just gets it. Which is what happened to Pallavi and Ameya.
- Gasping for breath: ‘Gasping for Breath’, is India’s first podcast on state of tuberculosis and it’s treatment in India hosted by senior health journalist Menaka Rao.
- Corona Bath: This Kannada show hosted by Chethan Narayanaswamy of Prathidhwani packs much-needed entertainment, awareness, perspectives shared by various guests on each episode, during the lockdown days due to COVID 19.
- 1 in 20000: “1 in 20000” focuses on the status of rare conditions in India, which has been talked about very little in Indian society.
- Marbles Lost and Found: Hosted by Zain Calcuttawala and Avanti Malhotra, ‘Marbles Lost & Found’ is a podcast to raise awareness about mental health and its importance in our day to day life.
- The Pursuit Of Wellness: Interviews and conversations with experts and enthusiasts to bring you everything you need on the Pursuit of Wellness.
- Echoes of India: Echoes of India is the story of India like you’ve never heard it before. Host Anirudh Kanisetti takes you on a journey through its wonders, from the Greek art of Afghanistan to the to the thriving ports of Tamil Nadu.
- A New Republic: A podcast by Sidin Vadukut on the history of the Indian Constitution.
- History of India: A podcast from Kit Patrick covering the history of India, from 6th century B.C.
- Itihaas – The Indian History Podcast: A podcast featuring conversations, about an event, a brand, a personality, or a movement in the history of India.
- Eshwari Stories for Kids in Telugu: As a mother and now as a grandmother, I like telling moral stories to children. But I believe moral stories should also evolve with time. For today’s children, we should educate them about their environment around them in a way that they can relate with.
- The Story Seeds Podcast: Our show captures the magic that unfolds when kids ages 6-12 collaborate with beloved storytellers who grow original stories inspired by their story ideas!
- Kelirondu Katheya: Stories for Kids in Kannada
- HumLab Originals: Each month, we meet and speak with a person who has done exciting work implementing transformative ideas in the legal industry, law, and justice!
- The Indian Constitution: A friendly introduction to the Indian Constitution. Article 21 in the streets, Article 15 in the sheets.
Love & Relationships
- Kalki Presents: My Indian Life: Life for young Indian adults in the 21st century explored by Bollywood actor Kalki Koechlin.
- Love, Sex and Dating: Life is a bumpy ride, but have no fear: Irrepressible siblings, Prem & Rogue, are here to help you navigate the winding turns of love, sex and desi dating.
- Dear Pari: Dear Pari is India’s first narrative podcast on adoption, hosted by parents Priya and Rakesh. Dear Pari will take the listeners through their journey of adoption while discussing pertinent issues around it. We will bring to you voices of parents, adoptees and experts on child adoption in India as part of this series.
- Horns Up: Two heavy metal fans, one podcast. Welcome to Horns Up, with Peter and Animesh.
- Maed in India: Each week Mae Thomas brings you hot new music from India and abroad, as well as exclusive acoustic sessions and interviews with the best independent musicians in India.
- Audioblog by Rahul Deshpande: Rahul Deshpande is an Indian classical music singer from Pune, India.
News & Politics
- Samacharam Sameeksha: Samacharam Sameeksha will bring to you news and views of all the latest developments from Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. The podcast will also analyse news coverage and bring in seldom heard perspectives and will help you cut through the noise.
- CyberDemocracy: What does Democracy mean in this age of cyber? How does the government benefit from the sale of our data? What is data economy? And does the internet give us the right to be forgotten? These and many more questions will be discussed, debated and answered in Cyber Democracy.
- The Suno India Show: The Suno India Show’ is a weekly news show by Suno India combining slow journalism with under-represented and under-reported stories. Covering the diverse range of topics like politics, technology, education and society, the host brings in informative interviews and engaging discussions with experts.
- Every Vote Matters:Every Vote Matters (EVM) is a podcast which will discuss why every vote matters and also bring to you answers on varied questions linked to the electoral process and your duties and rights as a voter.
- Let’s Talk About: Nuanced explorations into one subject in every episode. No short cuts, no crash courses, but a deep dive that offers you perspective.
- NL Charcha: हिंदी पॉडकास्ट जहां हम हफ्ते भर के बवालों और सवालों की चर्चा करते हैं.
- Reporters Without Orders: A reporters’ podcast about what made news and what should have
- The Pragati Podcast: Take a break from the madness of prime time television for real conversations on economics and politics.
- Ask Aakar Anything: Ask Aakar Anything is a weekly show where Aakar Patel shares his views on topics that you raise (and sometimes on those you should have raised).
- Indicast show: Indicast is the “flagship” podcast show on the Indicast Network and is the longest running Indian podcast on the internet.
- Forbes India: Forbes India in association with TheIndicast.com bring you conversations with the people behind the Forbes India Magazine.
- Simblified: A weekly podcast that explains burning issues that you should know, to help you appear smarter than you are, to an audience that knows no less
- The Seen and the Unseen:Every week our host Amit Varma will examine the world through the lens of economics, neuroscience and behavioural psychology, and examine both public policy and private action.
- News Laundry Hafta:News and News on the news. New ways to present the news.
- Trial by Error – The Aarushi files:Trial by Error, adapted from Avirook Sen’s haunting book Aarushi, is an eight-part investigative audio series that narrates the story of the Noida double murder, and the controversial trial that convicted the Talwars.
- The Editor’s Podcast: This is Mint’s weekly news podcast, updated every Friday where Mint’s editors pick their top stories of the week.
- Movie Wala Podcast: We are Flo and Tanvi! We are not critics (thank god for that!), we pick a movie and talk about our favorite songs, favorite scenes, gossip and why we picked that movie for that category. All served with a side of nostalgia.
- The Madraswallah Podcast: This podcast will have stories that we have grown up on. It’s an ode to a time when time itself didn’t hurry up.
- The Tollywood Project: In Telugu, two NRIs living in USA and Europe speak about topics like movies, technology and random stuff.
- Khabardaar: Khabardaar is a weekly Hindi language podcast discussing Bollywood movies.
- Attention Pliss! podcast: Attention Pliss! podcast is a news, entertainment, and satire podcast from the talkingStuff network.
- Split Screen Podcast: Host Shah Shahid is joined by a new guest every episode as they compare film remakes to their source material (comic books, television, movies, novels) to discuss the similarities, understand the differences and provide insight to put it all into context.
- Film Feud: Long time friends become enemies each week as they debate whether a randomly selected movie on the IMDB top 250 should be on the list.
- The Awful and Awesome Entertainment Wrap: The pop culture podcast that isn’t afraid to pop the bubble.
- Politically Incorrect Film’s podcast: This is a weekly podcast mostly based on films but also covers pop culture at large.
- Bollywood Project: We are Hani and Uzma, two brown girls living in the diaspora who love anything to do with Hindi films.
- Chai Sutta Skype: Chai, Comics, Games, Movies, Sutta, Skype, We don’t promise anything!
- Geek Fruit: We spend way too much time discussing minuscule facts, character dynamics, story arcs and unique concepts in the wonderful world of science-fiction and overall nerd culture.
- The Inconceivable Desis: A podcast dipping into pop culture, books, movies.. and discovering their Indian connections.
- The Yacker: The best conversations happen on phone calls or over coffee with friends.
- Chuski Pop: Two desi chicks riding the fourth wave of feminism in our salwar kameez and golden heels, while flipping birds to aunties and bringing you stories from far-away lands and from our own motherland.
Religion & Myth
- The Myth & Culture Podcast: The Myth and Culture podcast revisits ancient myths, once treated as irrelevant to modern life, and demonstrates their interconnectedness with contemporary culture, business, politics, and society.
- Mahabharata Podcast By Lawrence Manzo: This podcast is both a re-telling and a conversation about the mighty epic the Mahabharata.
- It’s Your Postman: It’s Your Postman is a podcast platform where I shall be sharing with you some life hacks that is vital to make an ecosystem where people would love to come and thrive and where everyone can be themselves without the fear of judgment as there would be no space for anything other than being compassionate towards the other.
- IELTSPodcast: We provide students with interesting and useful English resources to help them pass their IELTS exam.
- Strength To Be Human: Weighing creativity to find the best in humanity.
- The Inspiring Talk: Dive into meaningful deep conversations with today’s most successful and Inspiring personalities on highly-rated self-help podcast.
- Research Radio: We bring you into the world of research by scholars who are at the forefront of their fields, investigating topics ranging from food security programmes to queer rights legislation. We’ll learn about how they devised their research plans, their experiences from the field, what they did not include in their research, how research can further equity and much more.
Science & Math
- Heart of Conservation: This podcast comes to you from a small hilltop in the Himalaya. I want to reconnect my fellow Indians to nature through storytelling and to share everything I learn by entertaining, creating awareness, and bringing back the ‘awe’ of our natural world seamlessly.
- Writer & Geek Show: A weekly podcast on Science, Technology, History and everything in between, well most of the things.
- Research Bytes: We produce science/research-based podcasts every weekday.
- The Life of Science podcast: Interviews with women scientists in India. First set was co-produced with IVM podcasts, second set with Joshua Thomas and Research Matters.
- IndSciComm podcast: Listen to Indian Scientists gum-bashing about science, scicomm and everything else!
- The Intersection: Every fortnight, The Intersection narrates stories that meld culture, science and history in India.
- The Edges & Sledges Cricket Podcast: Edges & Sledges is a weekly cricket podcast focussing on Indian cricket and the IPL.
- Its Cricket Show: This is a cricketing podcast which provides its listeners with all the latest updates and the details about the cricketing world.
- Football Twaddle: India’s first Football podcast brought to you by three football enthusiasts.
- TFG Sports Podcast: TFG Sports podcast is the place to check in for discussion on Indian sports.
- Move Mint: Get inspired by Dr Rajat Chauhan, a fitness expert who also organises the La Ultra, the world’s toughest marathon.
- Hoopdarshan: Hoopdarshan is a basketball podcast that focuses on basketball in India.
- Postcards from Nowhere: Postcards from Nowhere is a travel podcast that takes you on journeys exploring culture, history, food and people in the form of stories. With over a decade of travel stories in his kitty, Utsav Mamoria narrates the stories of the strange, obscure and fascinating things about the world, often interspersed with practical tips and deep realizations, which would shape the way you travel.
- Culture Chaos: A podcast about life abroad, trying to make sense out of different cultural norms and a whole new way of living.
- Biker Radio Rodcast: Listen to the compelling stories of motorcycling, the riders, their machines, the rides, gear and more, one legend at a time.
- The reDiscovery Podcast: Three years ago, Hoshner & Ambika quit their jobs to travel and explore India through its people, history, cultures and communities.
- The Musafir Stories – India Travel Podcast: A podcast that documents the rich experiences of traveling in India and inspire listeners to take the leap of faith, grab those backpacks and set out to explore the beautiful and exotic country, India.
- NRIWoman Podcast: We’re Bettina and Ninorah. Every woman has a story to tell and some write it on their own terms. These are heartwarming stories of some inspiring Non Resident Indian women across the globe.
- The Fourth Seat: If you are interested in science, politics, sport or cannot get the 90s out of your head, this is the place to be. The listener is the fourth seat passenger (if this was a Mumbai local).
- Rum and Coke: In this podcast, Mayukh invites friends to his podcast and he is fascinated by how much he is yet to learn from them.
- The Process with Pratik Arora: A chat show featuring guests who are doing something different talking about HOW they do it.
- Lassi with Charan: Punjabi chat show with a new guest every episode.
- NRIWoman Podcast: Warm meaningful, interesting & inspirational conversations with brave Indian women who have stories to tell.
- Audiogyan: Audiogyan podcasts are mainly one to one discussions or question – answer sessions with people who have devoted their life in the field of Design, Philosophy and Arts.
- SynTalk: SynTalk (short for Synthesis Talk) is a freewheeling interdisciplinary talk show with a philosophical approach to understanding the world from a long term perspective.
- The Passion People Podcast: The Passion People Podcast is a series of impromptu conversations about following a passion, making it manifest and what all comes with it.
- Soundwala: Soundwala is a hindi/english podcast where I talk about sound, the ideas, the challenges and the technology behind the sound. The show is hosted by me, Kunal Agarwal of Sonik Culture, who is a sound engineer, music producer, singer and voice artist working in the field since 2003.
- Product Pulse: A podcast series that talks about ideating, building and scaling of digital products from experts of multiple disciplines like tech, design, security, marketing and product management.
- Software People Stories: This podcast features people associated with the creation or consumption of software we take a look into how they got into software, what they have learnt through their career, their personal interests, what worked and sometimes, what did not.
- Mission Shunya: Mission Shunya is all about the transition to a zero carbon economy. It features stories, discussions and aims to inspire every individual take action to do their bit for the planet. Renewable energy, electric vehicles, sustainable development, climate change, circular economy are just a few of the topics that will be covered.
- WordPress for Everyone: Learn the nuances of WordPress, website development and the digital marketing associated with it on the “WordPress for Everyone” Podcast
- Bangalore Bits: Bangalore Bits is a weekly podcast created to follow emerging technologies.
- Orbital: A crisp weekly podcast where nerds from India discuss all things tech. Read more