I’m a Bangalore based freelance writer whose work mainly focuses on language, culture, history, and how they all intersect.
If you want to commission some work or just say hey, you can mail me at email@example.com.
You can also find me on Twitter as @SandalBurn, and I also post on Indian linguistics on @TianChengWen.
- Madras Bashai, A Unique Tamil Dialect – The News Minute, June 2019
- Preserving Dakhni Proverbs, An Urdu Professor’s Quest – Firstpost, June 2019
- Girish Karnad and the Death of Literary Multilingual Heritage – Newslaundry, June 2019
- Bangalori Dakhni – The News Minute, September 2019
- The Shift To The Vernacular Shaped How Indians See Themselves – Newslaundry, October 2019
- Indian English, Dictionaries, And Prescriptivism – The Wire, May 2019
- Why It Isn’t Easy to Devise an Intermediary Script for Indian Languages – The Wire, May 2019
- Tulu Nadu’s Byari And Its Struggle For An Identity – The News Minute, May 2019
- The Death Of A Script – The Hindu Sunday Magazine, May 2019
- Across The Netravati – Economic & Political Weekly, April 2019
- Romi Konkani : The Story Of A Goan Script – Firstpost, April 2019
- The Quest For A Malayalam Linguistic Identity – The News Minute, April 2019
- Mapping Tulu – The News Minute, Feb 2019
- How Water Bodies Influenced Life & Language In The Deccan – The News Minute, September 2018
- What A Marathi Idiom Tells Us About Deccan History – The Wire, June 2018